August 11, 2013
Father Ferdinand Helias arrived in Central Missouri 175 years ago. His mission to Cedron became the fourth of seven parishes he would found. The second church building, constructed in 1872, still stands today, with the bell tower added in 1903.
Stories this photo appears in:
Anniversary mass set for Aug. 18
Although the first Catholic church established in Moniteau County ceased to be a mission of Annunciation Parish of California in 1993, loyalty is still evident in the friends group, which maintains the church building in Cedron.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting