August 5, 2011
Charles Machon, director of the Museum of Missouri Military History, and Adjutant Gen. Steve Danner look at the engraving on one of the museum’s recent acquisitions. This is an 1890s-type cannon used by a St. Louis unit during the Spanish-American War. It had been housed at the now-closed Kemper Military School in Boonville.
Stories this photo appears in:
The last push against the Germans in the summer and fall of 1918 found Capt. Harry Truman placed in command of an “ornery” artillery battery, which had taken pride in driving off its previous commanders.