March 14, 2010
Paddy Malone’s, at 700 W. Main St., is the 10th oldest continually operating pub west of the Mississippi River. The building, thought to be built in 1863 and used as a blacksmith shop, began offering good times and libations in 1870, when Victor Frank opened West End Saloon. He and his family lived above the saloon.
Stories this photo appears in:
Generations of Jefferson Citians have found camaraderie and libation at the corner of 700 W. Main St.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting