Sometimes things look good on paper, but lose the luster when it affects other folks. It's people that make the difference. Our military will fight for our rights and for the principles we stand for.
The government is morally obtuse, by cutting our retired and disabled veterans' retirement benefits so that they can balance the nation's budget before the holiday recess, without a government shutdown.
I don't care if it is a Republican, Democrat or a giraffe, I am of the opinion that Congress was politically motivated by an immigration driven story line, on Fox News on Dec. 13, concerning a government $7 billion handout to 11 million illegal immigrants in our country.
For all intents and purposes Congress could have used that $7 billion to balance the nation's budget for the next two years, with $1 billion left over.
The greatest tragedy for our wounded heroes is being forgotten.
"God and a soldier all people adore in time of war, but not before; and when war is over and all things are righted, God is neglected an old soldier slighted." Anonymous.
When did the federal government lose its groove.
Every American is linked like a chain to the past and future. What would happen if that chain would snap.
How many times that we speak of freedom at our table.
The government's job is to interpret the Constitution faithfully and be fair and balanced.
Let us renovate the Constitution because of the federal government's complacency, misdirection and for the greater good.
The Five Laws:
• Allow Congress to serve only two, four-year terms in office
• Allow the states to have a no-confidence vote on any member of Congress in case of misconduct, and removed from office.
• Allow Congress and their staff only access to Obamacare for their health coverage.
• Only the states will decide if a pay raise is warranted for Congress.
• One day per year all members of Congress will have to visit a VA hospital.
"Upon their brow is written the word doom. They spell the downfall of you and all who deny their existence." Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol."