Throughout the past week, the Jefferson City Police Department and the MUSTANG Drug Task Force have continued to gather intelligence and make arrests as part of the "Spring Roundup" with an emphasis on heroin distribution.
Efforts have led to 15 additional arrests, nine of which were for either the possession or distribution of heroin. Most notably, a suspected supplier in recent heroin overdoses, Wayne Bush, Jefferson City, (AKA Webay), was arrested and charged with heroin distribution. Bush is currently held in the Cole County Jail on a $250,000 bond.
This week alone, numerous searches have been conducted in areas known for high levels of narcotics activity including Americas Best Value Inn, 1624 Jefferson Street. These searches resulted in arrests for the possession and distribution of controlled substances and child endangerment following the seizure of heroin, marijuana, controlled prescription drugs and a firearm.
Among those arrested, the following are identified as known to be persistent dealers involved in heroin distribution:
• Tyrone Carr (AKA Prince), a Chicago resident on parole for felony drug charges charged now with distribution of heroin
• Wayne Bush (AKA Webay), a Jefferson City resident on parole for felony drug and weapons charges, now charged with distribution of heroin
• Robert Jones (AKA FB), a Jefferson City resident now charged with distribution of heroin
• Richard Turner, Jr. (AKA Rick), a Jefferson City resident now charged with distribution of heroin
• Toni Brooks (AKA Toni B), Jefferson City resident now charged with distribution of heroin
• Jeramie Onarheim (AKA Jilla), Jefferson City resident, on parole for felony drug charges now charged with possession of heroin.
The Jefferson City Police Department, Cole County Sheriff's Department and the MUSTANG Drug Task Force will continue to aggressively investigate narcotics trafficking in the mid-Missouri area.