District tournament action is scheduled to begin today for all area baseball squads as well as for the larger schools in track and field.
• Jefferson City is the host school for the Class 5 District 9 Tournament at Vivion Field. The Jays, the No. 3 seed, will take on sixth-seeded Camdenton at 3:30 p.m. to open the six-team tournament. That will be followed with a 6 p.m. contest featuring fourth-seeded Hickman against No. 5 Sedalia Smith-Cotton.
Top-seeded Rock Bridge and second-seeded Helias await today's winners in Monday's semifinals. The championship contest is slated for Wednesday.
• Blair Oaks will host six other schools in the Class 3 District 13 Tournament at the Falcon Athletic Complex in Wardsville. The second-seeded Falcons will face seventh-seeded Versailles at 11:30 a.m. That game will be sandwiched by two other first-round contests - No. 4 South Callaway against No. 5 Warsaw at 9 a.m. and No. 3 Southern Boone taking on No. 6 Eugene at 2 p.m.
Fatima is the top seed and is off until Monday's semifinals. The championship is scheduled for Wednesday.
• Calvary Lutheran had its scheduled district opener against Jamestown pushed back one day to today because of wet field conditions in the Class 1 District 10 Tournament at New Franklin.
Calvary, the No. 3 seed, will now play at 4 p.m. looking for a berth in Monday's semifinals. The championship is to be played Wednesday.
• Four area schools are among the six teams set to play in the Class 2 District 8 Tournament at New Bloomfield.
The host Wildcats, seeded fourth, will face fifth-seeded New Haven at 1 p.m. Third-seeded Linn and sixth-seeded Father Tolton will follow at 3 p.m.
Russellville, the No. 1 seed, and second-seeded Tipton have byes into Tuesday's semifinals. The title game will be played Wednesday.
• Eldon and School of the Osage will open play in the Class 4 District 9 Tournament at Sullivan.
Osage, the No. 5 seed, will face fourth-seeded St. James at 11 a.m. Third-seeded Eldon and sixth-seeded Owensville will then square off at 1:30 p.m.
Sullivan and Salem are the top two seeds in the six-team tournament. The semifinals are set for Monday, with the title game to be played Wednesday.
• California is the lone area team among the seven to play in the Class 3 District 8 Tournament at North Callaway.
The fifth-seeded Pintos will open against fourth-seeded Centralia at 10 a.m. The semifinals will be played Monday, with the title game set for Wednesday.
• Vienna is the No. 1 seed in the Class 2 District 9 Tournament at Plato.
The Eagles will face either Belle or Laquey in the semifinals Monday. The title game will be played Tuesday.
• St. Elizabeth and Tuscumbia are both in the six-team Class 1 District 9 Tournament in Stoutland.
Tuscumbia, the No. 4 seed, will face fifth-seeded Crocker at 11 a.m. Second-seeded St. Elizabeth has a bye into Monday's semifinals. The title game will be played Wednesday.
In track and field:
• The Jefferson City Jays and Lady Jays will participate in the Class 4 District 5 Championships at Camdenton. Action will begin at 11 a.m.
• The Helias Crusaders and Lady Crusaders will host the Class 3 District 5 Championships at Adkins Stadium, starting at 11 a.m.
Other area teams in the event include Blair Oaks, California, Eldon, School of the Osage, Southern Boone and Versailles.