The Missouri River Regional Library board was updated Tuesday on the success of last week's Missouri River Regional Library/Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) Book Sale.
Final fundraising figures won't be available until next month's board meeting, but library Assistant Director Betty Hagenhoff said they anticipate figures to be on par with what they were last year. More than 350 volunteers helped with the four-day sale.
In other action, MRRL Director Helen Rigdon told the board:
• MRRL closed twice over the past month due to snow.
• Numbers were down slightly over the last year for the library foundation's mini-golf event Feb. 23, but projected net profits will increase due to the foundation obtaining more sponsors.
• MRRL is closer to hiring someone for the open public information position.
• Rigdon is continuing to work on the RFP for an engineering firm to help with the specs for installation of a new cooling system in the MRRL building.
• Rigdon is obtaining more information from the Department of Natural Resources about an energy-efficiency/renewable-energy loan.
• MRRL will not participate as a partner in this year's Old Munichburg Oktoberfest event due to budget constraints.