Ten individuals - nine award winners and the volunteer of the year - will be honored Tuesday during the American Red Cross Heart of Missouri Chapter's Lifesaver Awards.
"These are individuals who have done something extraordinary to save a life," said Nancy Sell, the event's project manager and the chapter's major gifts officer. "Many of them put their own life on the line or put their fear aside to assist another human being.
"We are privileged to honor them," she said.
The Lifesaver Awards will be held from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday at the North Jefferson City Pavilion. There will be a barbecue dinner of hamburgers, hot dogs, sides and a soft drink.
Features include a juggler/magician, the chapter's emergency response vehicle, a helicopter, and a silent and live auction.
The awards ceremony begins at 6 p.m. The live auction will be held after the awards ceremony. Silent auction winners will be announced at the end of the live auction.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for youths 10 and younger. They are available by calling 866-815-2738.
The award, the winners and the award sponsors are:
• EMS Lifesaver Award - Cimberly Crafton and Jeff Arnold, employees of Ozark Central Ambulance District; the award sponsor is University of Missouri Health Care.
• Firefighter Lifesaver Award - Steve Barnes, Jefferson City; the award sponsor is Dollar General.
• Good Samaritan Lifesaver Award - Brandon Irwin, Callaway County; the award sponsors are Central Bank, Jefferson Bank and Boone County National Bank.
• Law Enforcement Lifesaver Award - Jefferson City Police Department Officer Meredith Freidman, Jefferson City; the award sponsor is JCMG Laser and Vein Center.
• Medical Lifesaver Award - Dr. Rick Bohon, DDS, Columbia; the award sponsor is US Bank.
• Military Lifesaver Award - Dwight McDonald, USMC retired, Russellville; the award sponsor is Center for Pain Management.
• Blood Services Lifesaver Award - Steve Duncan, Jefferson City; the award sponsor is StorageMart.
• Youth Lifesaver Award - Charles "Gib" Graham, Mexico; the award sponsors are Prison Brews and Brew House Coffee.
• Jeri Lawson Volunteer of the Year - Jerry Carroll, Moberly