"American Pickers," the popular History Channel show that sends Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz across the Midwest in search of collectibles and antiques, is looking for sources in Callaway County.
The show is touring Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma this summer, and producers plan to be in the Mid-Missouri area in July.
A producer with the show, Anthony Rodriguez, said the show is looking for "interesting characters with interesting items, and lots of them."
The show follows antique pickers Wolfe and Fritz visit homes, barns and areas with large amounts of collectibles to buy interesting items for restoration and resale.
Kingdom of Callaway Historical Society and Museum curator Barb Huddleston said Fulton and Callaway County would be terrific locations for the show - if they can find anyone willing to part with their collections.
Huddleston described herself as a "big fan" of the show and knew of several people with collections in the area, but noted many local collectors of antique and historic memorabilia she knew of would be hard-pressed to give up their goods.
"I know of people with collections, but who wouldn't want to be on TV," she said. "I've got one guy who brings things in and doesn't even want his name on things here in the museum."
Still, Huddleston agreed there are collectors in Callaway County with an array of items such as antique guns, gas pumps and advertising memorabilia - all items the show has highlighted.
The show's producers noted they're looking for large collections rather than a few items, and don't go to resale shops, antique malls, auctions or flea markets.
Interested collectors can call and leave a message at 646-493-2184, or email AmericanPickers@Cineflix.com along with their name, number, town, state, items and pictures.
Items sought by the American Pickers:
• Motor scooters such as Vespas, Lambretta or Cushman
• Advertising signage
• Bicycles (turn of the century to pre-1960s)
• Unusual radios, transistor or tabletop
• Old toys: tin, wind-up, cast iron
• Pre-1950s vending machines
• Pinball and slot machines
• Old movie posters
• Antique casino/gaming machines
• Vintage movie memorabilia
• Vintage advertising items
• Vintage concert posters and T-shirts
• Early Boy Scout items
• Pre-1960s vintage diner collectibles
• Pre-1960s TV merchandise
• Pre-1950s western/equestrian gear
• Classic motorcycle memorabilia
• Old rodeo items
• Airline collectibles, such as Pan-Am or TWA
• Late '70s and earlier military items
• Mobster memorabilia
• Vintage police officer collectibles
• Firefighter collectibles
• Pre-1940s telephones
• Folk art
• Vintage BB guns or cap guns
• Early Halloween items
• Pre-1940s Christmas items
• Hawaiian or tiki collectibles
• Vintage sports collectibles
• Vintage election memorabilia
• Musical instruments
• Civil war antiques
• Vintage gas pumps
• Pre-1970s old neon signs
• Strange woodcarvings
• Vintage collegiate collectibles
• Casino tables
Items currently not looking for:
• Farming or agriculture items
• Country primitives