The preliminary winners in the 27th annual Christmas Home Decorating Contest, sponsored by the News Tribune, Jefferson City Parks and Recreation Department, Cottonstone Gallery and Frame Shop, and the Jefferson City Outdoors volunteer group are listed below.
A second judging of the first-place preliminary winners will result in a Mayor's Award winner in each of the five contest categories. Mayor's Award winners will be published in the Dec. 22 News Tribune.
A Tour of Lights Map published in the Dec. 10 News Tribune newspaper has a list of entrants and a cut-out ballot that allows the public to select a People's Choice Award winner. The People's Choice Award ballot must be hand-delivered or mailed by Friday to: Parks and Recreation Department, 427 Monroe St., Jefferson City, MO 65101.
The preliminary winners are:
• Christmas Elegance: first place, Sylvia Patterson, 1307 E. High St.
• City's Best: first place, The Bax and Bechtel Family, 1520 La Hacienda Court; and second place, Lois L. Weider, 1527 La Hacienda Court.
• Religious: first place, Renee Veltrop, 1335 E. High St.
• Use of Lights: first place, David Rothenay and Joan Carrington, 1306 E. High St.; second place, Andy and Amy Reed, 311 Indian Meadow Drive.
• City's Best: first place, Roy Johnson, 1006 Washington St.; second place, Nelson Otto, 1010 Monroe St.
• Religious: first place, Charles and Donna Hildebrand, 1903 Chicago Road.
• Christmas Elegance: first place, The Rackers, 3007 Mercedes Lane.
• City's Best: first place, Travis and Ashley Holtmeyer, 3023 Mercedes Lane.
• Religious: first place, Sandy Lueckenhoff, 831 Shawn Drive.
• Christmas Elegance: first place, Randy and Kathy Holliday, 2538 Plymouth Rock Drive; second place, the LeCure Family, 2412 Hartford Drive.
• Religious: first place, Louis and Delores Bremer, 2215 Buehrle Drive.
• Use of Characters: first place, Kerri Kliegel and Brad Oliver, 1845 Saratoga Blvd.; second place, Robin and Ken Smith, 1716 Bunker Hill Road.
• Use of Lights: first place, The Rizner Family, 4058 New Castle; second place, Kent and Judy Baker, 916 Cari Ann Drive.
• Christmas Elegance: first place, Nicholas Monaco, 1122 Moreau Drive; second place, Ray and Jan Kinard, 1900 Merlin Drive.
• City's Best: first place, Jack Steppelman, 1122 Leslie Blvd.
• Religious: first place, Dave and Mary Rehagen, 1415 Stadium Blvd.
• Use of Lights: first place, Jerry Rogers, 1602 Tanner Bridge Road.