Jefferson City, MO 32° View Live Radar Mon H 53° L 31° Tue H 43° L 29° Wed H 37° L 16° Weather Sponsored By:

Ozark Opry fire blamed on extension cord

Ozark Opry fire blamed on extension cord

April 9th, 2013 in News

Investigators determined that a faulty extension cord that plugged into a CD recording device to record shows caused a Sunday fire that heavily damaged the Lee Mace Ozark Opry.

Osage Beach Fire Protection District officials said the cord and CD player were in the front of the building in a small storage area above the ticket counter.

The fire was first reported at 11:21 a.m.

First arriving units found heavy flames coming from the front side of the structure in the area of the roof and heavy gray smoke coming from the rear of the building.

Crews cut ventilation holes in the roof to release heat and locate the fire.

There was heavy fire damage in the front section of the structure and heavy smoke and water damage in the remainder of the building.

One firefighter sustained a minor injury.