Investigators from the Osage Beach Fire Protection District have determined that a faulty extension cord that plugged into a CD recording device used to record shows caused a fire that heavily damaged the Lee Mace Ozark Opry, Sunday.
Fire officials said the cord and CD player were in the front of the building in a small storage area above the ticket counter.
The fire was first reported at 11:21 a.m.
First arriving units found heavy flames coming from the front side of the structure in the area of the roof and heavy gray smoke coming from the rear of the building.
Crews cut ventilation holes in the roof to release heat and locate the fire.
There was heavy fire damage in the front section of the structure and heavy smoke and water damage in the remainder of the building.
One fire fighter sustained a minor injury.