An electrical problem is believed to be the cause for a fire that destroyed a barn in rural Cole County, early Wednesday morning.
According to reports from the Russellville/Lohman Fire Protection District, some equipment was plugged in when the fire at 7111 Route C occurred.
A passer-by noticed the fire and called 911.
When authorities got on the scene, the barn was fully engulfed and a short time later it collapsed to the ground.
Two tractors, an ATV and 500 bushels of corn were inside the barn at the time of the fire.
No injuries were reported.