Firefighters from the Cole County Fire Protection District responded to a report of a structure fire in the southern part of the county early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded shortly before 4 a.m. to the call in the 4900 block of North Teal Bottom Road, northwest of Henley.
Initial reports indicated flames were showing from the back deck of the two-story structure.
The fire was under control in about 15 minutes and the fire was contained to the deck and a section of a wall of the house.
Fire officials believe sparks or ashes from a barbecue grill that had been used the night before may have triggered the fire.
Damage was estimated at around $20,000
No injuries were reported.