Records were broken in Jefferson City on Wednesday and Thursday when temperatures rose to 103 and 106, respectively, as the 2012 heat wave marched on.
Meteorologist Jayson Gosselin with the National Weather Service in St. Louis said the seven-day forecast provides no relief, with highs around 100 or above through next Thursday.
Cooling centers are being made available at these locations in Mid-Missouri:
• Clarke Senior Center, 1310 Linden Drive, Jefferson City.
• Senior Center at Capital Mall, Jefferson City.
• Missouri River Regional Library, 214 Adams St., Jefferson City.
• Eldon Senior Center, 926 E. North St.
• Linn Nutrition Center, 400 E. Jeff St.
• Wood Place Library, 501 Oak St., California.
• California Senior Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave.
• Fulton Senior Center, 531 Commons Drive.
• Bank Star One, Redwood Street, New Bloomfield.
• New Bloomfield City Hall, 501 Glenwood.
• Village of Kingdom City, City Hall, 5846 Old Highway 40.
• Fulton Fire Station 1 on Tennyson Drive; it is a cooling center from 4-7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday this week only.
• Fulton Public Library, Callaway County Courthouse and Fulton City Hall during normal business hours.