The Lake Arts Council and Lake Area Camera Club presents Photo Quest 2012.
This Amateur Photography Contest and Exhibit gives amateur photographers, who earn less than $500 per year from photography, excluding contest winnings, an opportunity to exhibit their art and receive recognition for their work.
The Lake Area Camera Club is accepting entries through Friday (July 20).
Film and digital photography are equally welcomed. The categories for this year are Wildlife and Nature, People and Pets, Landscapes and Scenics, Still Life and Florals, Architecture and Machines and Life in the Ozarks.
• Print dimensions: Width must be 12 inches or less; Height must be 12 inches or less.
• Prints must be mounted without a border on foam board only. Foam board must be the same size as the print. Photos that have mats around them will not be accepted.
• Submit as many photos as you wish. The entry fee is $4 per photo. Checks should be made payable to: Lake Arts Council; Visa, MasterCard are also available.
• No images will be accepted after the entry deadline (1 p.m. Friday).
• Previous Photo Quest winning images will be disqualified, and the entry fee will not be refunded.
• Identification is required and is to be mounted on the back center of each photo.
• Prints not meeting specifications and requirements will not be accepted, and the entry fee will not be refunded.
Prizes will be awarded in cash and ribbons to Best in Show, $100; first place in each category, $50; second place in each category, $25; and third and honorable mention will receive ribbons.
There will be three judges, who are in no way connected to the Lake Arts Council or Lake Area Camera Club (formerly Lake Arts Photography Club), to award winners. An awards ceremony will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Aug. 4 at Stone Crest Mall in Osage Beach.
Photos will remain on exhibit at Stone Crest Mall through Aug. 17. They will then be on display from Aug. 18-25 at the Eldon Public Library. Photos may be picked up after Aug. 27. Entrants are asked to not remove photos from the displays.
The Lake Arts Council and participating library can not be responsible for lost or damaged photographs. Photos can be picked up at the Lake Arts Council office or they will be returned to the photographer via mail for a postage fee of $4 per image. They will be available for pick-up for two weeks after the exhibit tour. After two weeks, they will be available at the Lake Arts Council office. If not picked up from the office by Dec. 15, they will become property of the Lake Arts Council.
Bring or mail photos to: Lake Arts Council, PHOTO QUEST 2011, Stone Crest Mall, Ste. E3A, 3797 Osage Beach Parkway, Osage Beach, MO, 65065. The LAC office is open from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Friday.
This event is partially sponsored by The Missouri Arts Council.
For more information, visit www.artsatthelake.com/photo-quest-2011 or call the Lake Arts Council office at 573-964-6366.