A Sunday afternoon structure fire caused about $15,000 in damage to a residence at Marys Home.
Fortunately, the Cole County Fire Protection District Station No. 6 was only two doors down from the home, said district spokesman Steve Cearlock.
The ranch-style home was owned by Angela O'Brien, 285 Highway H. The owners had homeowners insurance, he said.
No injuries were reported from the blaze, which started about 12:20 p.m.
"It was pretty simple, pretty short," Cearlock said. "They're going to be without a home for several days, but the electrician was already on the scene when we left, so that was positive."
He said the fire started in the basement in the home's electrical system. The fire was confined to the basement and was under control within 10 minutes, he said.