Jefferson City, MO 29° View Live Radar Mon H 59° L 39° Tue H 65° L 45° Wed H 62° L 39° Weather Sponsored By:

Fire from unattended candle damages Cole County home

Fire from unattended candle damages Cole County home

January 19th, 2018 by News Tribune in Local News

An unattended candle caused a house fire early Friday morning in Cole County.

According to Regional West Fire Protection District reports, the fire in the 4500 block of Rainbow Drive was called in around 4 a.m.

When fire crews arrived, they found flames coming from a bedroom window and extending into the attic.

Everyone in the home was able to get out safely.

Firefighters contained the fire contained to the bedroom where it started. There was smoke damage throughout the home.