Improper disposal of smoking materials is blamed for a house fire Thursday morning in Jefferson City.
Firefighters were dispatched at approximately 7:35 a.m. to a residential fire alarm in the 1600 block of Beverly Street, according to fire department reports.
Upon arrival, fire crews reported light smoke showing from the front of a single-story home. A resident was found on the front step of the home and moved to a safe location.
The first arriving crew found a small fire in a first-floor bedroom and quickly extinguished it.
The resident suffered smoke inhalation and was treated by ambulance personnel on the scene. No other injuries were reported.
The Jefferson City Fire Department was called to fight a fire in a house on a cul-de-sac off Hayselton Drive this morning.
Firefighters responded around 7:37 a.m. to an automatic fire alarm at 1609 Beverly Street where a single-story home reportedly had filled with smoke from flames in a bedroom.
Initial reports indicate a female occupant who exited the house suffered from smoke inhalation.