Sunday, March 30, 2014
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — The Gym-Zzouri Gymnastics team recently competed in the Missouri USAG Xcel Division State Championships hosted by Ozark Mountain Gymnastics.
There were 180 gymnasts that competed in the five skill division of the Xcel Gymnastics. A number of Gym-Zzouri gymnasts received awards.
In the Silver Division (eighth-place team):
• 10-year-old age group — Cierra Graves: fifth vault, third bars, sixth beam, and 10th all around (35.05).
• 9-year-old age group — Audrey Muessig: 10th vault, fourth bars, ninth beam, sixth floor and ninth all around (34.65).
• 8-year-old age group — Kailee Parker: seventh vault, second bars, seventh beam, eighth floor, and eighth all around (33.25); Hayley Jones: sixth vault, 3rd bars, seventh beam, seventh floor and seventh all around (33.875).
In the Gold Division (sixth-place team):
• 14-year-old age group — Stephanie Miller: second vault, sixth bars, third beam, fourth floor and third all around (34.528).
• 13-year-old age group — Tessa Uhlman: sixth bars, ninth beam, and 10th all around (34.375); Victoria Hartman: ninth vault, eighth bars, fifth beam, and eighth all around (34.95).
• 12-year-old age group — Betsy Morello: third bars, seventh beam, 10th floor and 10th all around (33.875).
In the Platinum Division (second-place team):
• 15-year-old age group — Rachel Holt: fourth vault, fourth bars, fifth beam, sixth floor, and fifth all around (33.625); Raven Bridges: sixth vault, sixth bars, second beam, fifth floor and sixth all around (33.175).
• 18-year-old age group — Sara Johnson was recognized as a graduating senior by the MO National Association of Gymnastics Judges with the Szpak-Hubbard plaque and a gift. Her results: second vault, second bars, first beam, second floor, and second all around (33.025).
In the Diamond Division:
• 16-and-under age group — Maisy Borden: third vault, first bars, first beam, second floor and first all around (35.475).
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting