C-SPAN bus hits road for summer tour
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Jefferson City community members will have the opportunity to learn about C-SPAN’s programs and resources on Wednesday by stepping aboard the C-SPAN Bus during a stop on its summer tour.
The bus, now in its 21st year on the road, will be in downtown Jefferson City helping to inform the community about the public affairs network. It is visiting cities, schools and universities across the country, promoting C-SPAN’s educational and political resources for students, teachers and community members along the way.
The bus’ schedule will be:
• 10-11 a.m., downtown Jefferson City at the intersection of East High and Madison streets
• noon-1:30 p.m., Chamber of Commerce, 213 Adams St.
In Jefferson City, C-SPAN programming is carried on Mediacom channel 97 as a public service, free of commercials or government funding. Mediacom fees help support C-SPAN operations, including the bus visits.
Aboard the C-SPAN bus, visitors can learn about C-SPAN’s recently concluded original series, “First Ladies: Influence and Image,” and the network’s other programming and resources through interactive technology:
• In-depth public affairs coverage and educational outreach
• Touch-screen quizzes on C-SPAN and the three branches of government
• HD cameras and production equipment demonstrating C-SPAN’s capability to produce public affairs programming aboard the bus
• Social media networking including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube, Tout, XM Radio and mobile apps
C-SPAN also provides a unique way to experience public affairs through its newly redesigned website, C-SPAN.org, which contains more than 200,000 hours of political and governmental footage dating back to 1987.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting