Your Opinion: Holts Summit supports FSH replacement
Thursday, February 27, 2014
For many years we have heard and agreed the Fulton State Hospital is in dire need of repairs and replacement. Gov. Nixon has taken a leadership role in putting forward a plan to fund the replacement of this facility. I would like to thank Gov. Nixon and Rep. Riddle for their efforts, and urge the legislature to take action to start the project now without delay.
Rep. Riddle has made this project a priority, and has been working on a solution for many years. We are so close. While everyone is in agreement that this facility is in need of replacement, there are different approaches on how to fund it.
The Holts Summit Board of Aldermen passed Resolution No. 2014-02 urging support of Gov. Nixon’s proposal to replace the Fulton State Hospital. The time is now to fund this project, and I urge Gov. Nixon and the Missouri General Assembly to reach an agreement on how to move this project forward.
More like this story
- Riddle, House Majority Floor Leader try to dispel rumors surrounding Fulton State Hospital funding
- Representative Jeanie Riddle cautiously optimistic about funding for Fulton State Hospital
- Missouri mental health hospital crumbling
- Nixon pushing bonds to pay for Fulton hospital
- Fulton adopts resolution supporting State Hospital renovation