No injuries in early morning fire
Saturday, August 2, 2014
The Fulton Fire Department responded to an early morning residential fire today on Monroe Street.
At about 2:10 a.m., the first of three engines arrived on scene and firefighters discovered heavy smoke coming from the single-story home, according to a Fulton Fire Department press release. Once inside the home, firefighters observed “heavy fire” in a room and the attic — where the fire was contained, the release states.
Four residents were present when the fire started and all safely exited the home. The fire department deemed the incident accidental and the result of a clothes dryer malfunction. A smoke detector failed and did not sound.
One room and the attic suffered fire damage, but the entire home has smoke damage. The fire department estimates the total damage at $40,000.
The Callaway Ambulance District, American Red Cross and Fulton Police Department were also on scene to assist.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting