Lincoln University sets schedule for Rome inauguration
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Although he’s been on the job since June 1, new Lincoln University President Kevin Rome formally will be inaugurated Friday morning as LU’s 19th president, with ceremonies in the Richardson Fine Arts Center’s Mitchell Auditorium on the Jefferson City campus.
The formal installation program was planned to coincide with LU’s Homecoming, also being celebrated this week.
Here’s a list of activities connected with Rome’s inauguration:
• 5-6:30 p.m. — Community Ice Cream Social, Soldiers’ Memorial Plaza. Free, open to public.
• 6:30 p.m. — Inauguration Celebration and Gospel Concert, Dwight T. Reed Stadium.
The concert features national recording artists Crystal Rucker, Alexia Spight and Adrian Helm.
11 a.m. — Academic Symposium, “Have A Major Experience,” Scruggs University Center.
11 a.m. — Academic Symposium, “Head Plus Heart Equals Hustle,” Scruggs University Center.
11 a.m. — Day of Service, with volunteer work at the Salvation Army, Jefferson City Animal Shelter and Adams Street Place nursing home.
A shuttle will be provided outside the Scruggs University Center, and sign-up is in the center’s Room B-1.
• 8:30 a.m. — Wreath-laying ceremony at Soldiers Memorial Plaza by LU Blue Tiger Battalion Honor Guard, followed by processional to Installation Ceremony.
• 8:45 a.m. — Doors to Mitchell Auditorium closed. “Overflow” location (with closed circuit TV) is Jason Hall.
• 9 a.m. — Presidential Installation Ceremony, Mitchell Auditorium.
• 11 a.m. — Post-Inaugural Reception, Inman E. Page Library.
• 8 p.m. — Inaugural Scholarship Ball, Capitol Plaza Hotel. Black Tie. Cost: $50 per person. Hors d’oeuvres served. (No tickets will be sold after today. RSVP by calling 573-681-5096.)
SUNDAY, OCT. 6
• 6:30 p.m. — Inaugural Celebration, featuring Gospel Artist Byron Cage. Mitchell Auditorium. Cost: $10.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting