Library to Go coming to Holts Summit
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
A Library to Go will be established soon for Callaway County residents at the new Holts Summit City Hall.
The Holts Summit Board of Aldermen Monday night approved unanimously an ordinance authorizing an agreement between the city and the Daniel Boone Regional Library to create the book delivery and pickup service at the City Hall.
The new City Hall building is located in a former bank building at 213 S. Summit Drive.
Daniel Boone Regional Library serves residents of Boone and Callaway counties as well as the Callaway County Library in Fulton and the Columbia Public Library.
Melissa Carr, director of the Daniel Boone Regional Library, outlined the Library to Go proposal for the aldermen.
Carr said Callaway County holders of library cards would call the library or consult the online catalog of books, CDs or DVDs and reserve one of these items to be picked up at Holts Summit City Hall.
When the book or items are available, they will be taken to the pickup point and placed daily in an individual locker with a door.
The person who reserved the book would receive an e-mail when the book is ready. After keying in the reservation number on a computer, the locker door will open.
When the item is ready to be returned it can be dropped off at a return station located at a drive-through window at city hall.
In other action, the board approved a $37,000 bid from Jefferson Asphalt of Jefferson City on seven street overlay projects in Holts Summit.
The seven Holts Summit streets selected for asphalt overlays this fall are Park Place, Countryside Terrace, Jefferson Road, East Simon Boulevard, North Greenway, Smith Street and Branch Road.
The board also approved:
• An ordinance authorizing spending $10,000 to purchase salt from North American Salt Co. to use on streets next winter to melt snow and ice.
• An ordinance allowing the city to collect fines for a state charge of driving a vehicle when a driver’s license is revoked.
• An ordinance authorizing purchase of a new Ford F250 XL service truck under a state contract for $22,000 to be used by the Holts Summit Sewer Department.
• A resolution authorizing a $15,800 change order in a contract with Sam Gaines Construction, Inc. to replace two culverts and repair streets in two locations in the city.
• Placing liens on properties located at 214 Spalding Road and at 515 S. Summit Drive for code violation abatement.
• Placing liens on properties for unpaid sewer bills at 173 Margaret St., 477 Perrey Drive, 236 Lorene St., and 152 Lorene St.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting