Police report sober driver campaign results
Saturday, September 7, 2013
The Jefferson City Police Department participated in the national “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” enforcement campaign, Aug. 16-Sept. 2.
During this enforcement effort, officers issued a total of 605 citations.
That total includes the following:
• 2 for DWI
• 206 for speeding
• 101 for adult seat belt violations
• 5 for no child restraints
• 4 for minors in possession of alcohol
• 22 for driving while suspended or revoked
• 20 for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license
• 122 for having no proof of insurance
• 123 for other hazardous moving violations, defective vehicle equipment and improper registration violations.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting