Alternatives offered for Halloween events
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Mid-Missouri communities and churches once again this year will offer alternatives to the traditional door to door Trick or Treating that happens on Halloween night.
Missouri River Regional Library in Jefferson City is holding several events to celebrate Halloween.
- Spin a Spooky Tale is Friday in the Art Gallery;
- Teen After Hours: Heroes and Villians Halloween Party is at 6 p.m. in the Art Gallery on Saturday; and
- Family Howlin’ Halloween Costume Party is at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 30 in the Art Gallery.
For more information about these events, call the library at 573-634-6064.
Area churches holding Trunk or Treat events include:
- Memorial Baptist Church, 1120 Madison St. in Jefferson City, Wednesday from 5:15-7 p.m.;
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Lohman, Oct. 31 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.;
- First Church of God, 1614 Southwest Blvd. in Jefferson City, Oct. 31 from 6-7:30 p.m.; and
- Quinn Chapel, 415 Lafayette in Jefferson City, Family Fun Night from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 with face painting, cake walk, games and prizes.
Among other events, Trunk or Treat at Jaycee Fairgrounds will be 4-7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Holts Summit is sponsoring the annual Lions Club Haunted House from 7-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday,at 116 Hillcrest Ave., across from the fire station.
Hartsburg is holding its annual Chili Supper and Halloween costume contest at 6 p.m. Friday at the American Legion Hall. There will also be a cake walk.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting