Fire destroys home in Moniteau Co.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
A fire Wednesday morning in Moniteau County destroyed a home and took the life of a dog.
According to reports from the Russellville-Lohman Fire Protection District, the fire was called in around 8:45 a.m. at a home in the 55800 block of Route A.
By the time crews got on the scene smoke and fire was coming out of one of the corners of the home and it appeared the fire had been burning for some time.
Cole County Fire Protection District crews were called in via mutual aid to help battle the blaze.
Fire officials believe the fire started in the laundry room and was caused by an electrical problem.
No one was at home at the time the fire and no injuries to fire fighters were reported.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting