MU grad quits job with viral dance video [VIDEO]
Employer responds with own dance
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — The dance video that a University of Missouri graduate used to quit her job is a viral sensation.
The Kansas City Star (http://is.gd/1PRxth) reports that Marina Shifrin performed to Kanye West's "Gone" in the 1 minute, 45 second video. The former employee of Taiwanese company Next Media Animation explains that she spent the past two years sacrificing "my relationships, time and energy for this job."
Hundreds of thousands of people have watched her utter the words "I quit." The journalism school graduate said in a recent blog post that she was sick of writing for "clicks" and felt the overall quality of journalism in general has suffered greatly in recent years.
Next Media Animation is known for creating animated satirical news and entertainment stories. Company employees appear in another video they made to respond to Shifrin's video.
More like this story
- Woman who quit job in video offered new position (VIDEO)
- Whale of a tale: Pakistani fishmonger now pop star
- Missouri downs Mississippi State, wins SEC volleyball title (VIDEO)
- Cheer up, Grumpy Cat: You have an endorsement deal (VIDEO)
- Missouri National Guard offers Foundations of Leadership program (VIDEO)
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting