Library panel will review strategic plan
MRRL to tackle goals to better serve patrons
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Missouri River Regional Library (MRRL) Director Helen Rigdon presented the library board Tuesday with a tentative strategic plan for 2013-16.
The plan lays out three main goals: to enhance e-collections, strengthen MRRL’s virtual presence and to improve the physical experience for patrons.
The board is sending the strategic plan to MRRL’s planning committee for review. The board will then review the plan at next month’s board meeting and decide whether to approve it.
In other action, the board was told:
• The library has updated its procedure for dealing with law enforcement and law enforcement requests. Select MRRL administrative staff will be sole contacts for law enforcement.
• MRRL hosted the State Council on Library Development on May 3 in the library art gallery. Secretary of State Jason Kander and his chief of staff attended the meeting and answered questions regarding State Library staff cuts.
• Rigdon has been appointed the public library representative on the MOBIUS board, a consortium of libraries of which MRRL is a member.
• MRRL’s capital facilities committee has chosen five companies to interview regarding the installation of a new air conditioning system at the library.
• MRRL’s audit will be finalized for next month’s board meeting.
• The MRRL Foundation’s goal is to host a fundraiser every month to raise funds for the foundation.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting