Space heater likely cause of fatal fire
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
UNION (AP) — A space heater is believed to be the cause of a fire that killed a 24-year-old eastern Missouri woman and her two young children.
The fire Friday night killed Samantha Cooksey of Union and her children, 6-year-old Allison Cooksey and 1-year-old Logan Berger. Cooksey’s boyfriend, who was the father of Logan, lived in the home but was at work at the time of the fire.
Union Police Chief Normal Brune said the fire apparently began in the mobile home’s living room, where a space heater was located.
The home was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. The bodies were found after the fire was out.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting