Your Opinion: Stop Daylight Savings Time
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Changing the time from Central Standard Time (CST) to Daylight Savings Time (DST) is not a good idea.
• Should children have to meet the school bus in the dark?
• A number of homes have a clock that is unreachable from the floor that requires using a step ladder to change the time. This is a safety hazard especially for seniors. We have six clocks that need to be changed twice a year also clocks in vehicles and wrist watches. That is a waste of time.
• Farmers have lights on their equipment so are able to work all night if they need to. When haying time comes it is not possible to cut hay until the dew has left approximately 11 a.m. in the morning DST. It can be cut at 10 a.m. CST in order to dry enough for cutting and processing.
• Daylight savings time does not save energy because lights are needed in the morning when you get up.
• In the summer with DST the sun does not set until 9 p.m. or later. Who goes to bed when the sun is shining in the evening?
Change DST back to CST and make life easier for everybody. I think surrounding states will follow suit. A number of people go to work at 7 a.m. and get off at 3:30 or 4 p.m. and have four or five hours in the evening to do what they want to do. The time has come for government to be reasonable.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting