Red Cross launches Tornado App
Thursday, March 7, 2013
The American Red Cross launched its Tornado App this week in conjunction with National Severe Weather Preparedness Week.
The app gives iPhone, iPad and Android users instant access to local and real-time information, so they know what to do before, during and after a tornado.
The free app, available in English or Spanish, includes a high-pitched siren and “Tornado Warning” alert that signals people when a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) tornado warning has been issued in their area. An “All Clear” alert also lets users know when a warning has expired or has been cancelled.
The Tornado App, along with other Red Cross apps, can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store or by going to redcross.org/mobileapps.
More like this story
- New first aid app brings American Red Cross safety tips to smart phones
- New hurricane app brings American Red Cross safety information to smart phones
- Red Cross offers free tornado app
- Morgan County Sheriff introduces smartphone app
- Missouri launches website to help Missourians be prepared for tornadoes and severe storms