MoDOT to lower speed limit on U.S. 63
Monday, June 17, 2013
Beginning Wednesday, the speed limit on U.S. 63 south of Vienna will be reduced to 60 mph, based on a recent comprehensive speed and traffic study.
The Missouri Transportation department said Friday the lower speed limit will be set from the south Vienna city limits to one mile south of the U.S. 63/Missouri 28-West junction — the one closest to Vienna.
MoDOT Area Engineer Preston Kramer said the department conducted the traffic study after receiving concerns from area residents that the current 65 mph speed limit was too high.
“We reviewed traffic speeds and patterns on the stretch of Route 63 in question and determined that 60 mph is a more appropriate speed limit for this area,” Kramer said. “The lower speed limit will make travel safer without hindering travel times and flow.”
Signs indicating the new speed limit will be erected on Wednesday.
More information is available online at www.modot.org/central, or by calling 888-275-6636.
More like this story
- MoDOT to reduce speed on part of I-70 in Columbia
- Missouri I-70 speed limit drops to 60 mph in Columbia
- MoDOT announces changes at Lake of the Ozarks intersection on the 54 Expressway
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Jan. 19-28
- Fire chief lauds plan to decrease speed limit inside Millersburg
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting