Former JC youth pastor missing
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
A former youth minister at First United Methodist Church in Jefferson City has been reported missing after going for a jog in western Missouri.
Chad Rogers was last seen jogging Monday night in his hometown of Liberty.
“Our communications director saw a post on Facebook from his wife, and we were shocked,” said church administrator Jerry Kelly. “After we found out, we went and prayed as a group that he would be found safe.”
Even though he wasn’t at the church very long, Kelly remembers Rogers as a high-energy person. He was hired as the full-time youth director in August 2011 and had that position before moving to Liberty last fall to be near his family.
Authorities have asked for the public’s help and friends and family have started a Facebook page called “Bring Chad Home” to post updates and get information that might help find Chad.
For additional updates on Wednesday, see: Search continues for former Jefferson Citian reported missing.
More like this story
- Search continues for former Jefferson Citian reported missing (VIDEO)
- Search for Chad Rogers continues through third day (VIDEO)
- Search for missing youth pastor enters new phase (VIDEO)
- Body found; search called off for former JC youth minister (VIDEO)
- Rogers’ family releases autopsy details (VIDEO)
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting