Tipton awarded $606,000 grant for water project
Friday, July 19, 2013
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has awarded a $606,600 low-interest loan for the replacement of about 6,800 feet of drinking water distribution lines in Tipton.
Funding for the loan comes from Missouri’s Drinking Water State Revolving Fund. The fund provides assistance for communities with drinking water infrastructure needs. A portion of the funding will be targeted toward green infrastructure, water and energy efficiency, and environmentally innovative projects. This funding will help the city protect residents and the environment by making necessary drinking water improvements.
DNR’s Water Protection Program administers the loan funds and is committed to working closely with communities to support water and wastewater infrastructure improvement projects.
For more information, contact the department’s financial assistance center at 800-361-4827 or 573-751-1192 or visit dnr.mo.gov/env/wpp/srf.
More like this story
- Department of Natural Resources awards $606,600 to Tipton for drinking water improvements
- DNR says 34 drinking water systems not testing
- DNR releases list of public water systems that fail to monitor
- Camden County Water District No. 5 awarded $100,000 for wastewater expansion
- Mo. posts local water quality reports online
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting