Hotel fire displaces guests
Sunday, January 20, 2013
The Jefferson City Fire Department was called to the scene of a fire at the Holiday Inn Express, 1716 Jefferson St., Saturday at 2:15 p.m.
Fire Department Public Education Officer Jason Turner said the fire was contained to an exterior and interior wall in one of the building’s stairwells.
“We can’t rule out the cause being improper disposal of smoking material,” he said.
He said no one was injured in the fire. There is some water damage to the stairwell and minor smoke damage in other parts of the building.
Less than half a dozen hotel guests were relocated to another facility in town, and Turner said the hotel could be closed for a couple of nights.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting