Sheriff investigates animal abuse case
15 cattle found dead on farm in Morgan County
Thursday, January 17, 2013
The Morgan County sheriff is seeking up to 50 different charges be filed in a case concerning multiple dead and malnourished cattle found on property along Highway 135 South.
According to the sheriff’s department, a search warrant to check the health and safety of animals on property leased by Ed Coleman was served Jan. 9. The warrant was served by the sheriff’s department, the Humane Society of Missouri and U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Fifteen dead were found in some form of decomposition.
More like this story
- Morgan County Sheriff’s Office seeks up to 50 charges following multiple cattle deaths
- Morgan County man faces felony animal abuse, torture charge in cattle deaths
- Versailles man charged with animal abuse
- Dog owners pending charges after rescue in Morgan County
- Man crashes motorcycle, suffers injuries after high-speed chase from law enforcement in Morgan County
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting