Guardsmen take to the ring this weekend
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Guardsmen from across the state will test their combat skills during a statewide competition in Jefferson City. They will compete at the 2013 Combatives tournament on Saturday at Jason Gym on the Lincoln University campus.
The event is free and open to the public. The competition begins at 9 a.m. with eight weight brackets. The final bouts are set to begin at about 2 p.m.
The 2013 Combatives tournament includes hand-to-hand combat, which incorporates techniques from conventional martial arts and combat sports in which Army soldiers are trained during basic training.
Watch Guardsmen in action at www.newstribune.com/combat
More like this story
- Speed, power and excitement thrives as Mountain Dew and Formula Boats present Lake Race 2013
- Afghan firefight results in numerous awards for Missouri Guardsmen, one from Eldon
- Students, hackers train for cybersecurity jobs
- Truck and tractor event benefits Camp Wonderland
- Special Olympics heads back to Columbia next year