BizBeat: Central Bank boosts employment
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Announcements about adding jobs is always good news for the Jefferson City economy — and you can take that to the bank.
Speaking of banks and jobs, Central Bank announced last week that it will add at least 25 new staff positions to its Jefferson City locations throughout the year. Career fields to be opened include accounting, administration, customer service, information technology and marketing.
“This is great news for Jefferson City and Cole County,” Chamber of Commerce Board Chairman Joe Scheppers noted.
As one of the largest employers in Jefferson City, Central Bank has nearly 900 employees.
“The economic impact of an additional 25 quality jobs to our local economy cannot be underestimated,” Scheppers said.
Jefferson City Mayor Eric Struemph commended Central Bank on its success in the Capital City, adding that the local business is a valuable member of the community.
Have a story idea for BizBeat? Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- BizBeat: Local food company celebrates 500th opening
- BizBeat: Central Bank hosts customer appreciation
- BizBeat: Capitol Plaza gets a new look
- Jefferson City bankers: How economy, technology, trends will affect your banking experience
- Central Bank named Preferred Partner in Missouri Linked Deposit program
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting