Eugene superintendent to retire
Saturday, February 23, 2013
EUGENE, Mo. - Superintendent Mark Blythe will retire after serving as administrator in the Cole County R-5 School District for 20 years.
The Board of Education on Wednesday accepted Blythe’s retirement letter, effective June 30.
High School Principal Jerry Braschler, Elementary Principal Dan Smith and Special Services Director Cindy Wibberg all were retained.
The board also accepted the resignations of Sonya Forck as cheerleading sponsor and Deb Luebbering as cook.
In other business, the board:
• Approved board policy 4145, which will pay a teacher $500 if he or she informs the board of his or her intention to resign/retire before March 1 of each year.
• Will receive bids for the school audit.
• Approved the transportation contract with Durham School Services.
• Accepted the health services report.
• Approved the 2013-14 school calendar — start date Aug. 20, end date May 13, 2014, and graduation tentatively May 18, 2014.
The board next will meet at 6 p.m. March 20.