Your Opinion: Why seek incentives amid outsourcing?
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Why is the Missouri Legislature trying to pass tax incentives to encourage business to come to Missouri, when the Department of Revenue is outsourcing jobs to Georgia. This is a waste of tax dollars. The Missouri Legislature should move on to other business rather than waste their time on tax incentives for business if state agencies are going to outsource.
I also see other problems about this change:
• If I need to fly out of the state, will the airports accept this temporary driver’s license during this seven- to 10-day waiting period? Will this temporary license get you into buildings that require photo identification or for voting identification?
• What happens if the driver’s license is stolen from the mail box or is lost in the mail? Is it going to cost Missouri citizens additional fees to reprocess their request?
• In August, mail will be delivered Monday through Friday, so this will increase the waiting period.
According to the news the Missouri Revenue Director said this change is needed to get correct mailing addresses. I could process my driver’s license, and then move in this period of waiting, so much for a correct address.
I see this as another means of more state government red tape and waste of tax dollars.
More like this story
- Lawyer, businessman seek to fill open House seat for 113th District
- Your Active Life Column: ‘Temporary boating licenses’ help build Missouri tourism, economy at its waterways, Lake of the Ozarks
- State to begin issuing new driver’s licenses
- Missouri lawmakers press on scanning of documents
- Mo. Senate poised to pass income tax cut plan
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting