Authorities investigate Morgan Co. double homicide
Monday, February 4, 2013
VERSAILLES, Mo. (AP) — Authorities have taken three people into custody while investigating a double homicide in central Missouri.
The Morgan County Sheriff’s Department identified the victims as Carol and Freddie Wilson.
According to a sheriff's department news release, a woman called 911 around 11:05 a.m. Monday to report that she had been shot.
Deputies and a state trooper rushed to a home south of the central Missouri town of Versailles (vur-SAYLZ’). The first deputy to arrive saw a white van before finding that a man and a woman had been shot.
While responding to the scene, another deputy had to veer into a ditch to avoid an oncoming white van. The deputy’s side view mirror was knocked off before the van ran into the ditch, too.
Afterward, one female and two male suspects were taken into custody.
The suspects names were not released, pending the filing of formal charges.
More like this story
- Authorities file charges in Morgan Co. double murder
- Fulton woman arrested after allegedly stabbing man at Jacob’s Cave
- Jefferson City man, woman originally accused in Morgan County homicide plead guilty to reduced charges
- Cole County deputies apprehend wounded suspect after chase
- Cole County deputies investigate afternoon shooting
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting