Christmas holiday closings listed
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Because of Wednesday’s Christmas Day holiday, all federal, state, county and municipal offices will be closed — except for law enforcement and emergency services.
• Jefferson City government will close at 1 p.m. today — except for fire, police and transit services.
The city’s compost site will close at noon today and be closed all day Wednesday.
The yard waste drop-off at 2417 Southridge Drive will be closed today and Wednesday.
• The city’s JeffTran buses won’t run Wednesday.
• The State Archives, 600 W. Main St., are closed Wednesday.
• The U.S. Postal Service will close its window service at both the Main Post Office, 131 W. High St., and at the Capitol View Station, 1750 Jefferson St., at 1 p.m. today and be closed all day Wednesday.
• The Missouri River, Daniel Boone and Heartland Regional libraries all will be closed today and Wednesday.
• Lincoln University will be closed through Jan. 5.
• Because the holiday is Wednesday, there will be no change to Republic Services’ trash and recycling collection schedules today. But pickups for the rest of the week in Jefferson City will be pushed back one day (Wednesday to Thursday, Thursday to Friday and Friday to Saturday).
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting