Investigation continues into death of Russellville man
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Authorities are leaning towards ruling that there was no foul play in the death of a Russellville man, whose body was found in the Missouri River this past Saturday.
Christopher Durbin, 38, was found floating in the river near the old Missouri State Penitentiary property on the north end of Chestnut Street.
In a release from the Cole County Sheriff’s Department, Wednesday, authorities said they found the vehicle Durbin had been driving, just off the of the Missouri River boat ramp in Marion, Tuesday afternoon.
It was pulled out after searching the area by vehicle, flying over the river and doing a sonar search of the water.
Authorities said they believe no one else was with Durbin at the time of the incident.
They are still waiting on autopsy results that hopefully tell them if this was a drowning or not.
Other than some traffic offenses, Durbin had no criminal history and authorities said there was no missing person report made on him prior to finding his body in the river.
More like this story
- Body in river identified as man from Russellville
- Body of Cole Co. man found in Moreau River
- Identities released as authorities continue to investigate man, toddler death in Camden County
- Autopsy reveals Camden County man, toddler died of natural causes, accident
- Mo. man found in river identified as 27-year-old
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting