JC chorus to begin rehearsals
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
The Jefferson City Symphony Chorus begins rehearsals at 7 p.m. Sept. 3. The rehearsals continue on Tuesday evenings through Oct. 29 at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in preparation for the Nov. 5 performance in Mitchell Auditorium on the Lincoln campus.
Patrick Clark will conduct the combined orchestra and chorus in Poulenc’s Gloria, sung in Latin and Borodin’s Polovtsain Dances, sung in English.
No auditions are required to sing in this community chorus. There will be auditions in late September for the soprano solos in the Gloria.
Participation fee of $15 includes the music scores which the singer can keep.
For more information, call 230-1280.
More like this story
- Orchestra enjoys performing new set for the season
- Symphony Orchestra plans concert
- Symphony orchestra concert will feature other groups, trumpet soloist
- Final Jefferson City Symphony show this season is Tuesday
- Lake Arts Council ‘Summer Sounds’ music series begins with Missouri Symphony Orchestra June 22
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting