Body recovered from Missouri River
Saturday, August 24, 2013
A body was found in the Missouri River on Saturday morning.
According to Jefferson City Police, officers were dispatched to an area north of Chestnut Street at 10:52 a.m. after receiving the report of a body found in the river.
Officers at the scene contacted Jefferson City detectives, who responded to the scene to lead the investigation. Members of the Cole County Sheriff’s Department were called into assist, and Jefferson City Fire Department personnel provided assistance in retrieving the body.
The police department is releasing no further information at this time, pending further investigation by the detectives. No further information about the case is expected to be released until Monday morning.
According to a witness at the scene, the Noren Access, northwest of the Missouri River bridge, was closed for a few hours on Saturday to permit emergency personnel to do their work.
More like this story
- Body in river identified as man from Russellville
- Bomb threat investigated in Jefferson City
- Four Lake Area individuals charged with murder, assault attempts move closer to trial
- Man arrested on multiple charges after eluding officers 12 hours
- Gender of body found in Camden County confirmed as female
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting