Osage Catfisheries honored at fair
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Osage Catfisheries was honored as Agricultural Exporter of the Year at the Missouri State Fair.
Osage Catfisheries was founded in 1953 as a bait shop for local fishermen. Today the farm supplies 32 species of fresh water fish to recreational and commercial aquariums, zoos, research markets and state and federal agencies.
Osage Catfisheries is also the only U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Convention for International Trade in Endangered Species approved paddlefish producer, allowing the farm to export paddlefish caviar internationally.
More like this story
- Paddlefish eggs for caviar sales seized in eight poaching arrests
- Large paddlefish poaching operation uncovered on Osage River near Warsaw
- Colorado man pleads guilt to illegally trafficking in paddlefish
- New MDC tagging project for paddlefish season
- Paddlefish stocking to pay dividends in the future
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting