Charter bus driver cited in accident
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
A charter bus driver has been cited with careless and imprudent driving after a crash that sent himself and 17 Missouri School for the Deaf students and faculty to the hospital, the Missouri Highway Patrol reports.
On Friday, Wint E. Smith, 72, of Sedalia, was driving the bus filled with students, who were returning to their homes in eastern Missouri when he exited Interstate 70 at the Danville exit near Montgomery City.
Highway Patrol officials say he traveled up the exit ramp at a high rate of speed, failed to stop at a stop sign, traveled across the overpass onto the eastbound entrance ramp and overturned off of the right side of the ramp.
All occupants of the vehicle were released from University Hospital in Columbia with minor injuries.
More like this story
- Driver cited in Monday's Eldon bus crash
- Charter bus taking Missouri School for Deaf students home from summer school overturns
- Motorist cited in school bus accident
- UPDATE: Highway Patrol lists injured in School for the Deaf bus crash
- Jefferson City woman charged with DWI in injury vehicle accident in Osage Beach
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting