Art crawl planned next week
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Art Exposed, Jefferson City’s 8th gallery crawl, will take place from 4:30-8:30 p.m. on Friday, May 3.
The free event is intended to expose people to art through a fun-filled event that includes music, refreshments and door prizes at local art galleries.
Eight galleries are participating this year:
• Missouri River Regional Library, 214 Adams St., hosts “Artists Helping Artists.” While the main event goes until 8:30 p.m., the library closes at 7 p.m., so make this one of your earlier stops on this self-guided gallery tour.
• Mary Kate Johnson Gallery, 219 E. High St., presents “The Twisted Canvas.”
• The Filling Station, 202 E. High St., presents “Repurposed Home Interiors.”
• The Art Bazaar, 114 E. High St., presents “Mother’s Garden — Paintings, Photos, Ceramics.”
• Elizabeth Rozier Gallery, 101 Jefferson St., presents “Civilian Conservation Corps Historic Photographs.”
• Capital Arts Gallery, 1203 Missouri Blvd., presents “Jefferson City Art Club Adult Artist Exhibit and Opening Reception.”
• Lincoln University Fine Arts Department, 710 E. Dunklin St., presents “Annual Student Art Exhibit.”
• Cork, 124 E. High St., presents “Faces of High Street.”
Participants can start wherever they choose, and can pick up a gallery list at their first stop. Door prizes will be given out at the individual galleries.
For more information, call Capital Arts at (573) 635-8355 or visit www.capitalarts.org.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting